Part-Time (50%) Junior School Receptionist Afternoon Shift
Start Date: 1 August 2022
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2022
The International School Basel (ISB) is an English-language international day school for students from ages 3 to 18. ISB is home to approximately 1,400 students who enjoy modern purpose-built facilities on three campuses clustered a few kilometers south of Basel in the towns of Reinach and Aesch.
ISB’s aim is to create a welcoming environment for students and families from across the globe and to promote learning and respect for people of all nationalities, religions and cultures. For more information about the school and our Mission we invite you to visit our website at www.isbasel.ch.
The core purpose of this position is to be the first point of contact for all visitors to the School. You will welcome guests positively and greet people who visit the School. You will be responsible for the telephone switchboard and internal/external mail as well as direct contact with students, parents, visitors and staff. As a receptionist you will hold a key role in maintaining security by following check in and check out procedures and issuing visitor badges. As a great receptionist, you will be offering administrative support across the campus while supporting the aims and values of the School at all times. The position will be working in an afternoon shift from 13:00 to 18:00 and will be reporting to the Head of Business and Facilities. Please note that the position requires readiness and flexibility to support the other campuses and the team and to work during school closure.
Professional Qualifications and Qualities
- Commercial background with a minimum of 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in reception and/or office administration;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and German, other languages are advantageous;
- Good level of IT competence;
- Strong interpersonal skills and friendly, customer service oriented personality
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with an ability to prioritise;
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and when managing multiple tasks and completing priorities;
- Proven track record of working in a multi-cultural environment is desirable;
- Service oriented mindset together with maturity and commitment to exercise sound judgment;
- Ability to work with tact and discretion, and being able to maintain confidentiality;
- Flexibility, reliability and initiative in support of school functions.
ISB offers an excellent employment package in an international and welcoming environment including first class accident insurance worldwide, flexible work hours and an employee friendly pension plan split of 25% employee and 75% employer.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit electronically a letter of application, a CV, contact information for three references plus copies of degrees and certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Cover Letter and CV are requested to be in English. Please note that hard copy applications will not be considered or returned. Please apply before 17 June 2022.
ISB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks.
Due to work permit restrictions, we are only able to consider applications from candidates with an EU/Swiss passport and/or candidates who currently hold a Swiss work permit.