ISB is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
The IB is a non-profit educational foundation motivated by its mission, focused on the student.
The IB programmes for students aged 3 to 19 help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. Founded in 1968, the IB currently works with 3,882 schools offering the IB programme to over 1 million students in 148 countries.
The IB PYP and IB MYP are programme frameworks that enable schools to internally develop their curriculum based on the local context. The IB Diploma is more prescribed in order to prepare for IB's externally validated examinations leading to university entrance. Key to learning in IB Programmes is to provide students with opportunities to:
- Learn and understand about the world around them
- Develop a disposition to take responsible action
- Appreciate other cultures, languages, beliefs and values
- Connect their learning experiences
- Understand disciplinary knowledge through the lens of organising ideas or concepts
- Reflect and on their progress and understand what they need to do to meet learning expectations
More info please vist www.ibo.org