International School Basel is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
The International Baccalaureate is a non-profit educational foundation centered around the student that develops intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work.
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate currently works with 3,882 schools offering the International Baccalaureate programme to over 1 million students in 148 countries.
International School Basel offers three IB programmes for students aged 3 to 19. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle School Programme (MYP) enable schools to internally develop their curriculum based on the local context. The Diploma Programme prepares students for externally validated International Baccalaureate examinations leading to university entrance.
The IB Programmes empower students to:
- Learn and understand about the world around them
- take responsible action
- Appreciate other cultures, languages, beliefs and values
- Connect learning experiences
- Understand disciplinary knowledge through the lens of organising ideas or concepts
- Reflect on their progress and understand how to meet learning expectations
More info please visit www.ibo.org