IB Diploma Requirements
To earn an IB Diploma, a student must gain at least 24 points, subject to certain minimum levels of performance including successful completion of the three essential elements of the DP Core.
The three elements of the Core are:
- The Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course
- Creativity, Activity, and Service (CAS) experiences, and
- The Extended Essay (EE)
The course distribution requires one course each in the following Groups:
- Studies in language and literature
- Language acquisition
- Individuals and Societies
- and one additional course which may be in The Arts or a second course in one of the aforementioned groups
Three of these courses must be taken at the Higher Level (HL) and three at the Standard Level (SL).