The International School of the Basel Region AG (ISB), Fleischbachstr 2, 4153 Reinach, Switzerland is the Data Controller of the personal data you provide to ISB. ISB determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data (e.g., relating to students and their families, employees, suppliers, business contacts and other third parties) is to be collected and processed. Please also see the Privacy Notice ISB Employees.
Personal data shall mean any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living natural person.
ISB’s Director of Operations, Mr. Balazs Szegedi, acts as a representative for ISB and as its Data Protection Officer. Responsibilities include: overseeing and monitoring ISB’s data protection procedures and ensuring they are compliant with Swiss data protection regulations (such as the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection of 1 September 2023), and EU data protection regulations (General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 or GDPR), each as amended or replaced from time to time. He may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The categories of personal data that we collect and process include:
- personal identifiers (such as name, business affiliation, contact details and address)
- payment details
- content of ISB’s communication with you
- engagement with ISB, including, events attended, donations received, volunteer service
- security information (such as CCTV footage)
- cookies and other website usage data
Regarding students and their families:
- personal identifiers (such as name, unique student number, family relationships, contact details and address)
- characteristics (such as gender, age, language and nationality)
- attendance information (such as classes attended, number of absences, absence reasons and any previous schools attended)
- assessment information (such as data scores, tracking, and internal and external testing)
- relevant medical information (such as insurance information, health conditions, physical and mental health care, immunizations and allergies, dietary requirements, and medication)
- special educational needs information (such as care or support plans)
- safeguarding information
- photographs and videos (see below)
- behavioral information (such as exclusions and any relevant provisions put in place)
- information regarding children’s pastoral care and support
We use website statistic packages such as Google Analytics to analyse trends in how our website is accessed and utilised. Information monitored includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, kind of device used, geographic location of visitors, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, time spent on pages, and keywords used to find our site via search engines. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyse broad demographic trends in our visitors and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate our website.
If you do not want analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on. More information about the ways in which Google Analytics collects and processes personal data may be found here.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with ISB’s Data Protection Officer, Mr. Balazs Szegedi, via email at email@example.com.
Amendments and Last updated
ISB reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time, for example in the event of new developments or new legislation. We recommend that you revisit this Privacy Notice from time to time. The applicable version is available on www.isbasel.ch.
This version was last updated August 2023.