How we use pupil and Family information
The International School of the Basel Region AG (ISB) is the Data Controller of the personal information you provide to the school. ISB determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Data relating to pupils and their families is to be processed. ISB’s Director of Operations, Mr. Balazs Szegedi, acts as a representative for the school as its Data Protection Officer. Responsibilities include; overseeing and monitoring the school’s data protection procedures and ensuring they are compliant with Swiss data protection regulations and EU data protection regulations [General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)]. He may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The categories of pupil and family information that we process include:
- personal identifiers (such as name, unique pupil number, family relationships, contact details and address)
- characteristics (such as language and nationality)
- attendance information (such as classes attended, number of absences, absence reasons and any previous schools attended)
- assessment information (such as data scores, tracking, and internal and external testing)
- relevant medical information (such as insurance information, health conditions, physical and mental health care, immunizations and allergies, dietary requirements, and medication)
- special educational needs information (such as care or support plans)
- safeguarding information
- behavioral information
- photographs (for internal safeguarding & security purposes)
- payment details
- behavioral information (such as exclusions and any relevant provisions put in place)
- information regarding children’s pastoral care and support\
We may also hold data about pupils that we have received from other organisations, including other schools.
Why we collect and use pupil and parent data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate first-aid and pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our services
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
- to support our admissions process
- to inform parents about events and other things happening in the school
We use website statistic packages such as Google Analytics to analyse trends in how our website is accessed and utilised. Information monitored includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, kind of device used, geographic location of visitors, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, time spent on pages, and keywords used to find our site via search engines. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyse broad demographic trends in our visitors and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate our website.
If you do not want analytics to be used in your browser, you can install the Google Analytics browser add-on. More information about the ways in which Google Analytics collects and processes personal data may be found here.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with ISB’s Data Protection Officer, Mr. Balazs Szegedi, via email at email@example.com.
We may need to update this privacy notice periodically so we recommend that you revisit this information from time to time. This version was last updated July 2020.